Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Our First Garden

We are so excited for our 'first' garden!!  A BIG thank you to Grammy for helping us out.  She basically gave us all the plants and seeds we planted.  Let's see if I have a slice of a Geiss thumb in me.  Also, we thank her for her knowledge.  We had no idea that you plant a tomato plant on it's side ~ who knew??
She taught us that putting grass over the top will keep the heat in (which they like supposedly)
Tomato Plant
There is a tomato plant, peas, strawberries, lemon cucumber, burpless cucumber, yellow pepper, banana pepper, zucchini and carrots!!!  I cannot wait.  I'm super excited for the carrots, lemon cucumber and regular cucumber!  Let's keep our fingers crossed we can keep everything alive ~ and keep the DOGS OUT!!!!  I have noticed that they like to eat the grass off the tops (weirdos).  Grammy also told us to watch out for the lone squirrel we have (not Kennedy) and the birds.  We are on the watch....
Our friends make fun of me because pretty much the only pictures of me are like this.  I tell them it's because I'm the one taking all the pictures and sometimes it needs to be noted that I was actually there.  It's not a pretty picture, but it's me out tending to the garden.  That is our neighbors back yard though.

3 comments:

Jody said...

I love your garden and yes it is going to be the highlight of your summer! love and hugs

Mandy said...

Wow to go Em!! I wish i had space to do a garden this year. You will do great at gardening. love ya

Mandy said...

I ment way to go em and matt!!!